Sunday, March 7, 2010

'MEGGIE'S SONG'

"Nothing happens...but first a DREAM."


Carl Sandburg





As I look back at all the special people we have met due to Meggie's condition. This is one thing I could say I would not change for the world. The friendships, the contacts, the aquaintances to name a few are some of the types of people who have come in and out of our lives, and who have blessed us in thier own unique ways.
Many of these people have a big heart for Meggie. And she just has a way of touching their hearts, without even having to say a word. There is one family in our home town, that we had been introduced to through an aunt of mine, at a time we were in desperate need of a caregiver. Meggie was just a baby and after my aunt had spoke to this family, about helping us out with Meggie, we were in touch with them shortly after. We feel in love with this family, not only did they care for Meggie that one time, but several times, the couple, their daughters, their son, and their niece! The love and care they give her is exceptional, it will not be forgotten, and they will a friends for a life time. We love you guys, and can never thank you enough!

I wrote the words to a song for Meggie and our friend's son wrote the music thanks Vinnie, your the best!
Meggie's song




Meggie I've been dream'n and my dream'n never ends


I could dream a life time for my family and my friends


But of all the dreams I have a life long list for you


I keep pray'n that all these dreams, I pray for will
come true


Vs 1) Tho your eyes may not see so clear, the smiles on
our faces


May your heart know the sunny smiles, your put'n on our
faces


May your heart know the love in each tender warm embrace,


Don't let frowns put you down, keep that smile right in place.


Vs 2) Tho we may not feel and walk and talk and act the same


May we try to understand and always make some gains


Let us see you for the blessing that you truly are...


And not let labels blind us to how unique you are.


Vs 3) May God bless you with laughter, music, happiness and friends


Bestow upon you his patients and kindness without end.


As I dream and pray...three things that will remain...


The faith, hope and love, I pray you'll have the same.


Vs 4) May the Lord God above always know your name


Stay in his sight he'll hold you tight and wipe away your tears now


May he keep you while you sleep and in your waking hours


As you grow may there flow a warm gentle blessing shower.


And Meggie you know that I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment